March 21, 2011

lovely flowers, baths, randoms...

So....I am obsessed with watching this tree bloom outside our house. The buds started and then overnight the flowers bloomed and I want to take pictures at different angles etc to make sure I capture not only the petals but the center and the buds....so there are lots of photos, bare with me.

I love this one because the flower is completely open and you can see the buds and the water droplets...


This one isn't much different but I couldn't get rid of it because I love it!


I like how on this one the bottom petal is almost non-existent...


I love how the filament stands out in this picture, not as much as I would like but...I also love the buds.



This flower is just starting to open up. Love how everything in the background is pink...



This one is open a bit more and love the bunch of buds in the corner.


I love this picture even though the flower is completely blurry.


Buds, buds everywhere...


Not much difference between the next two photos but I like both...



I tried to just focus on this one new bud.


Everything is just so pretty when it's blooming...


They opened up so beautifully!


They are looking up to the sun!





I love spring time!

Now onto bath time...the girls love their baths. Haiden likes to get in and out and Cami likes to play forever and forget to wash her hair. These pictures aren't the best but  I still love them...

My laptop is a bit outdated and I usually use Steve's laptop when he is home but I wasn't that lucky tonight :) If you know me, you know I loathe editing photos. I cannot sit and look at each photo and make lots of changes etc, maybe one day but not now. So I like Steve's laptop because it has this simple editing application and I can make small quick changes that I like, but I couldn't do that so here they are, straight out of the camera...

This makes me laugh, she accidentally blinked when I went to take the picture but I think it's cute.


Every time Haiden gets a bath she has to dip the washcloths in warm water and cover herself up to keep warm.


And then they get cold so we have to dip them back in the water.


Deep in concentration with her washcloth...


Her lips are cute when she is concentrating, trying to get her body wash bottle open.


And then it was time to style her hair :)


I am really really really trying to get back on a roll with painting. I am slacking. I love painting but it comes in phases. I can do it for awhile and then I am just over it, the prep, the mess, the cleaning up, but I really want to get at least the main color in the house finished so I am determined to get back on a roll and finish it up. So this afternoon I taped up all the upstairs so that all I need to do is start painting :) Hopefully I will start tomorrow. I know that once I get this done it will just be another room or something else but at least I will feel accomplished.

I was determined that when I started staying home I was not just going to sit around, I wanted to accomplish all the things I had wanted to get done that I couldn't when I was gone all day, everyday. So far, I have stayed pretty busy and that makes me happy but I feel like as soon as I cross one thing off I add another...oh well I will just do what I can and the rest will just have to wait. After all, the main reason I stayed home is to spend time with my baby and her big sis and that comes first!

When we first bought our house, nothing was painted and we were happy because we were like oh this is great, we will be able to put the colors WE want and don't have to worry about stuff being already done that we didn't like.  Well, haha, I think my opinion has changed a bit, yes I like that we can do stuff ourselves however, when we actually started doing it, oh boy does the $$ add up and fast...I think I wish someone had put crown molding all in our home, had put nice counter tops in, had painted the walls neutral colors and the ceilings bright white, had replaced the vinyl flooring that I hate with pargo floors or something, had finished the basement or had left us some decent blinds at least....I can dream right? Oh well, all in due time I say...I am not really in any huge rush and hey even if I was it surely isn't going to happen tomorrow so we will do what we can, when we can and I am not going to worry about it.

This is the first room we painted, our living room, look how young Cami looks...where does the time go?




I am not sure where the time is going, we are working on three years in this house already and I remember when we were trying to just get into a house that we could call our own...I love what life has given us the last three years and can't wait to see what the next three will hold for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment